Pellys Solicitors Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registered company number 07454374 and whose registered office is at 18 The Causeway, Bishop's Stortford, Herts CM23 2EJ ("Company" or "We") respects Your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from You or that You may provide when You visit the website www.pellys.co.uk (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. By visiting our Website You are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Pellys Solicitors Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registered company number 07454374 and whose registered office is at 18 The Causeway, Bishop's Stortford, Herts CM23 2EJ.
We are registered under the Act with registration number Z2577895.
This policy applies to information We collect from You:
• On our Website, including any information that You might provide in subscribing for any of our services, subscriptions or newsletters and any information that You provide in completing online forms for quotes or through our secure online payment system.
• In e-mail (including email addresses), text and other electronic messages between Yu and our Website.
• Through any online and/or direct marketing campaigns that We may run from time to time.
• When You contact us as a record of any conversations or correspondence may be retained by us.
• When You respond to any surveys that We might ask You to complete for research or customer service purposes.
• Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at Your own risk.
Additionally, We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom You may choose to share Your User Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that Your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Where You provide personal information in relation to a third party through our Website You will use Your best endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the information provided and where appropriate You confirm that You have obtained the consent of the third party to the disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of placing orders for products.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• by which You may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information");
• that is provided through our secure online payment system that will include sensitive information including personal information;
• that is about You but individually does not identify You; and/or
• about Your internet connection, the equipment You use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from You when You provide it to us.
• Automatically as You navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including Google Analytics (please see our Cookies Policy).
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Usage Details, IP Addresses And Cookies
As You navigate through and interact with our Website, We may automatically collect certain information about Your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of Your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that You access and use on the Website.
• Information about Your computer and internet connection, including Your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about Your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to Your individual interests.
• Speed up Your searches.
• Recognize You when You return to our Website.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about You that we collect from other sources or You provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about You or that You provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to You.
• To provide You with information or services that You request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which You provide it.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify You about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow You to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• In any other way we may describe when You provide the information.
We may also use Your information to contact You about services that may be of interest to You. If You do not want us to use Your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect Your data.
Disclosure of Your Information
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Pellys Solicitors Limited's assets in which personal information held by Pellys Solicitors Limited about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which You provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when You provide the information.
• With Your consent.
• To any legal, regulatory or statutory body where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal, regulatory or statutory obligations and to include disclosure of personal information to our accountants and statutory auditors from time to time.
We may also disclose Your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide You with choices regarding the personal information You provide to us and You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We have created mechanisms to provide You with control over Your information and We will usually inform You.
Should You prefer that We do not use Your personal information for marketing purposes then You will usually have the opportunity to exercise Your right to prevent such processing by checking specified boxes on the forms that We use to collect your personal information. Alternatively, please email us directly at email@example.com to opt-out of any use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Your Information
The Act gives You the right to access information held about You. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing You with details of the information We hold about You.
We have implemented measures designed to secure Your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information You provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions are fully encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect Your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Last modified: 01 August 2013